Registration and Borrowing
Registration form for new readers - only for the readers that have not been previously registered in library of the US or the UE.
Registration and a library card
Interlibrary loan imports from other Polish and foreign libraries books, magazines, articles copies and other materials, which are not in the collections of the US or the UE library, or any other library in Katowice.
The Interlibrary loan can be used by:
- staff and retired employees of the US and the UE,
- students of the US and the UE writing theses and in justified cases, other students with the written support of a tutor,
- PhD students and post-graduate students of the US and the EU,
- other PhD students affiliated with the university supervisor or persons having PhD programme in the US and the EU (such readers are required to create a deposit account in CINiBA).
Libraries are responsible for all imported materials, therefore the materials can be used only within CINiBA premises and with obedience of the return date set by the lending library (except for photocopies). An application for any extension of the return date the reader should issue to the interlibrary loan before it expires.
Cancellation of the account can be done after satisfaction of liabilities in respect of all the libraries in the integrated library-information system. The basis of cancellation of the account is:
- In the case of employees – circulation card;
- In the case of students and PhD students - index with a confirmation of books return from libraries, which stamps appear in it (if the university issues traditional indexes) and circulation card issued by the Dean's Office;
- In the case of postgraduate students - the student card confirming the return of books from libraries, which stamps appear in it or an identity document;
- In the case of readers with a deposit account - identity card and confirmation of introducing the deposit. No interest rate applies to deposits.
W przypadku niedotrzymania terminu zwrotu wypożyczonych dokumentów pobiera się karę w wysokości określonej w Cenniku opłat w systemie biblioteczno-informacyjnym Biblioteki Uniwersytetu Śląskiego oraz Biblioteki Głównej Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Katowicach. Opłaty można dokonać:
- bezpośrednio w Wypożyczalni
- poprzez system PayU (opcja jest dostępna po zalogowaniu się, w zakładce "Konto użytkownika", w sekcji "Opłaty – nierozliczone")
- przelewem na konto:
PL 41 1050 1214 1000 0024 1575 8180
W tytule wpłaty należy wpisać: kara za przetrzymanie, imię i nazwisko czytelnika. Bez tych informacji nie będzie możliwe zidentyfikowanie wpłaty.
The book can be self-renewed by a reader if:
- the date of the return has not expired for any of the books borrowed,
- no copy of that particular edition has been reserved by another reader,
- the book has not been renewed at the circulation desk,
- book has not been previously renewed 3 times.
Caution! Each book can be renewed up to 3 times. Therefore, in order to maximise the rental period it is the best to prolong the book immediately before the due date.
To self-renew a book, a reader should:
- Log into a library account, the icon is in the top bar of the catalogue windows
- Click the “renewable items” bookmark (in this case you have to wait, because the data may download slowly), a list of books that can be renewed is shown,
- Click the “renew” button by the book we want to extend the rental period - the system asks for confirmation
- If we click the “YES” button, description of the book appears – with a new date of the return indicating that the renewal is successful
- prints published before 1950,
- special collections, rare and valuable works,
- works which can be found in the reference collections in the reading rooms,
- materials in poor condition,
- works borrowed from other Polish and foreign libraries,
- newspapers and magazines
- other documents, which are exclusively for use on-site or have "Available on-site only (free access)" status.
Books with the "available on-site only (free access)" or “available on-site only” status may be, in justified cases, borrowed for the night or for a weekend. Recognition of justification is left to discretion of the librarian.
- borrowing "for the night" - no more than two volumes, not earlier than one hour before CINiBA closing time. The materials must be returned by 10.00 am on the next working day,
- "for weekend" - no more than three volumes; materials can be borrowed on CINiBA last day of work before the break, but not earlier than one hour before closing. The materials must be returned by 10.00 am on the first day of CINiBA work after the break.
- Researchers and teaching staff of the US and the UE - 30 volumes for 16 weeks;
- Other employees of the US and the UE - 15 volumes for 8 weeks;
- Students of the US and the EU - 15 volumes for 8 weeks;
- Students of the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, the Faculty of Biology and Environmental Studies and the Interdepartmental Individual Studies at the US, the US and the UE PhD students - 20 volumes for 8 weeks;
- Students of the Silesian International Business School - 15 volumes for 8 weeks;
- Post-graduate students of the US and the UE - 5 volumes for 8 weeks;
- Students, PhD students and post-graduate students of other universities (based on tripartite agreements with the US and UE) and retired employees of the US and the EU - 5 volumes for 8 weeks;
- Other readers (deposit accounts) - 3 volumes for 4 weeks.
For the books located in open storehouses (so called free access) readers do not send any orders. It is enough to:
- select the volume on the shelf (no red dot),
- then to self register books on the account using special devices (self-borrowing device, called selfcheck) or to use traditional circulation desk, which is located on level 0.
- attention! A reader does not have an option to borrow two identical editions of the same title.
Books stored in closed storehouses are ordered with use of the computer catalogue available 24 hours a day and should be collected at the circulation desk within 7 days (in the case of failure to report at that time for the materials ordered, the reader's account is blocked for a period of 14 days).
Return of borrowed works can be made:
- through a drop box located outside the building, available 24 hours a day; Attention! To use the drop box, a student ID card or an employee card activated as a library card is required. Activation can be made at the circulation desk on level 0. The drop box will not accept books from blocked accounts and books for which the return date has expired.
- at the circulation desk, level 0, Monday to Saturday: 8.00 am - 8.00 pm.
Obowiązek posiadania karty gościa dotyczy wszystkich czytelników, którzy nie posiadają dokumentu uprawniającego do wypożyczania zbiorów w CINiB-ie, a zamierzają korzystać z Czytelni, kabin do pracy indywidualnej lub wypożyczyć słuchawki do Mediateki. Kartę gościa nieodpłatnie wydaje Wypożyczalnia (poziom 0)